The Runeword Tier List compares these items based on many facets, ranging from their overall power, their Rune economy, the number of Builds which use them, and if they single-handedly define a build. To get a better understanding of the ranking, we give an explanation for each tier.
- These Runewords have the best Rune economy, power level, wide-spread use amongst Builds, and/or define the ideal gear setup for their uses.
- These Runewords could all contend for S Tier, but are held back by one quality or another. Some may be the best in slot, but for niche Builds. Some are incredibly powerful for their Rune cost, but are not the ideal gear option for their slot. These Runewords often see use in the late game.
- These Runewords are all powerful for their cost, give access to powerful Stats in the early to mid game, or define powerful niche Builds. Much of the B Tier are very useful budget options until they can be replaced by higher tiered options.
- These Runewords have powerful stats for their cost. They can define very niche uses for off-meta Builds. Additionally, they can empower Builds in specific scenarios to allow for progression, without outside help.
- These Runewords may be strictly better than the F Tier items, or define incredibly niche off-meta Builds. Most of these can be viable options if the Runes are available, but usually have very poor Rune cost.
- These Runewords are defined as having strictly better options, with better Rune costs or higher power levels. They do not define any Tier of off-meta builds, and are not recommended over any other options available in the game.