Table of Contents:
The Pandemonium Event, also known as "Ubers" or "Uber Tristram", is the ultimate challenge in Diablo 2 Resurrected. You are faced with regular bosses (The Countess, The Summoner, and Nihlathak); the 3 "Mini Ubers" (Lilith, Uber Duriel, and Uber Izual); and the Uber versions of the Prime Evils (Uber Mephisto, Uber Diablo, and Uber Baal). Defeating this challenge rewards you with the Hellfire Torch, giving a big power boost to your Character.
- To fight Uber Bosses, 3 red Portals have to be opened in Harrogath by putting the Key of Terror, Key of Hate, and Key of Destruction into the Horadric Cube. !!MAKE SURE TO NOT PUT THE PORTALS ON TOP OF EACH OTHER!!
- Fight Lilith in the Matron's Den, Uber Duriel in the Forgotten Sands, and Uber Izual in The Furnace of Pain to receive Mephisto's Brain, Diablo's Horn, and Baal's Eye. They have a 100% Chance to drop.
- Combine these Organs to open a fourth red Portal in Harrogath, which leads to Tristram, where you face Uber Mephisto, Uber Diablo, and Uber Baal.
- While fighting the Uber Bosses in Tristram they spawn monsters on top of you. This adds even more difficulty to the fight.
- The last of the 3 Uber Bosses that is killed drops the Hellfire Torch, choosing a random Class for its +3 to Class Skills.
The first step in order to face the Uber Bosses is farming the Keys required to open the red Portals. You need a set of 3x key of terror, key of hate, and key of destruction. The best Characters for this task have access to Teleport, either from being a Sorceress or granted by gear.
Key of Terror:
This Key drops from The Countess who is located in the Tower Cellar Level 5 underneath Black Marsh. The Drop chance depends on the Player Count, ranging from 1/13.6 on 1 Player games to 1/9.8 on 8 Player games.
While the fight against her is not particularly dangerous, she can be tedious to farm because you have to find the Forgotten Tower in every run, and the Tower Cellars have varying ranges of travel distance. She is also Immune to Cold and Immune to Fire, limiting builds that can farm her effectively early on.
Key of Hate
This Key drops from The Summoner who is located in the Arcane Sanctuary in Act 2. The Drop chance depends on the Player Count, ranging from 1/11.2 on 1 Player games to 1/7.4 on 8 Player games.
The Summoner is very easy pickings for every build because he has no Immunities, but the distance you may have to travel can vary drastically. There is no way to know on which of the 4 paths he spawns, meaning sometimes you have to explore the whole area to find him. Without Teleport you have to face monsters that are Immune to Cold, Immune to Fire, or Immune to Physical.
Key of Destruction
This Key drops from Nihlathak who is located in the Halls of Vaught in Act 5. The Drop chance depends on the Player Count, ranging from 1/12.2 on 1 Player games to 1/8.4 on 8 Player games.
Nihlathak is the most challenging of the three due to his powerful Corpse Explosion and the Tomb Vipers that have a powerful Poison attacks. He is the fastest to get to, however, because there are only 3 set layouts to get to the Halls of Vaught, and you can read the direction in which he is located in the center of the map.
The second step towards the Hellfire Torch are the Mini Ubers, which have to be killed to collect organs of the 3 Prime Evils.
She is the Uber version of Andariel, and is located in the Matron's Den. This area is similar to the Mausoleum or Crypt in Act 1 and is filled with dangerous monsters, such as Hell Temptresses, and Black Lancers.
Going "Left" in this area leads you to Lilith, who greets you with her powerful Poison attacks. Without a heavy amount of Life Leech such as Life Tap, you'll have to go through many Full Rejuvenation Potion to kill her.
Lilith drops Diablo's Horn.
He is the Uber version of Duriel, and is located in the Forgotten Sands. This area uses the Canyon of the Magi layout and Uber Duriel is located randomly on the map with a tendency to spawn right above the red Portal. Next to Uber Duriel you'll find monsters such as Hell Swarms and Arachs, which have powerful Poison Attacks.
He simply is a stronger version of regular Duriel, no special caveats.
Uber Duriel drops Baal's Eye
He is the Uber version of Izual, and uses 2 additional Skills (Teleport and Chilling Armor). He is located in The Furnace of Pain, which uses a layout from the red Portal areas in Act 5 (Abaddon, Pit of Acheron, and Infernal Pit). In addition to Izual you find Oblivion Knights, and very strong Pit Lords which are Immune to everything but Physical Damage, making the path to Izual a bit of a gauntlet.
Uber Izual drops Mephisto's Brain.
After collecting the Organs from Mini Ubers, you face the Uber version of the Prime Evils - Uber Mephisto, Uber Diablo, and Uber Baal. While fighting them, they spawn a decent amount of monsters on top of you. You have to either be quick in disposing of the Uber Bosses, so the amount of spawned monsters is limited, or have a good way of dealing with them, while fighting the Uber Bosses.
The layout of Uber Tristram is the same as regular Tristram. The red Portal is always placed next to the northern burned house. The 3 Uber Bosses spawn in the center.
You don't have to fight all of them at once. Especially Uber Mephisto is very easy to pull away from the other 2, making this fight a lot easier!
This guy is actually the worst of the three. Apart from him being much stronger than regular Mephisto, he also uses a Level 20 Conviction which reduces your Resistances by 125%, and your Defense by 90% and he's Lightning Enchanted.
Uber Mephisto also spawns different types of Skeletons on top of you.
Uber Diablo is a much stronger version of Diablo. In addition to the normal Skill set of Diablo, he uses a very strong Armageddon Skill. He also spawns Pit Lords which are Immune to everything but Physical Damage.
He is just a much stronger version of the regular Baal, and spawns Dark Lords and Specters to fight by his side.
- Farming the Keys is generally done by a highly mobile Character that deals well with the 3 Key Bosses (The Countess, The Summoner, and Nihlathak).
Mini Ubers / Uber Tristram:
- Melee builds using Physical Damage are the best way of completing this challenge because they cat utilize these key assets:
- Crushing Blow - Reducing a Bosses' Life by a percentage of their current Life.
- Life Tap - Melee Attacks recover 50% of their Physical Damage as Life.
- Enter the Mini Uber Portals (Forgotten Sands, The Furnace of Pain, and Matron's Den) and make your way towards the Bosses. Kill surrounding monsters if necessary.
- Fight the Bosses in Uber Tristram one by one. Start with Mephisto to get rid of his Conviction Aura.
- Overcapped Lightning and Cold Resistances are very important against Uber Mephisto. The other Resistances should just be capped. Note: A Paladin with a Conviction Aura > Skill Level 20 can neutralize Mephisto's Aura for himself.
- When fighting the Ubers as a group, make sure to spawn all the Bosses with only 1 player in the game, before the rest of the group joins. This allows you to fight them with the lowest Life amount possible.
- Farm Keys with a highly mobile Character that deals well with The Countess, The Summoner, and Nihlathak.
- Fight the Mini Ubers and Uber Bosses with builds that use melee Physical Damage attacks to make use of Crushing Blow and Life Tap.
- Split up the Uber Bosses and fight them one by one, especially Uber Mephisto!
- Check out our Uber Tier List to check out the best builds to finish this task.
Post by Teo1904