When farming for Gold and valuable items in Diablo 2 Resurrected, nothing is more important than Gold Find (x% Extra Gold from Monsters), also known as "GF", and Magic Find (x% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items), also known as "MF". Generally speaking, the more you have of each Stat, the better. For both Stats there are a number of specialized builds.
- Gold Find and Magic Find are summed up from the Mercenary and the Character whenever the Mercenary deals the final blow to a monster. This includes kills done through Thorns, Iron Maiden, and Spirit of Barbs.
- When the Character deals the killing blow to monsters, only the Magic Find directly equipped on it counts for the drop calculation.
- The Stats do not apply to kills made by monsters affected by Mind Blast, Conversion, Confusion, or Attract.
- They also don't apply to monsters that die to Iron Maiden while attacking a Bone Wall, or Bone Prison.
Extra Gold from Monsters (Gold Find)
- Increases the Gold value dropped by a percentage based on the determined drop value:
- E.g. The game determines a drop of 100 Gold. The Character has 100% Extra Gold from Monsters, so 200 Gold is dropped instead.
Better Chance to Find Magic Items (Magic Find)
- Increases the chance for an item to drop in a higher Quality (Magic, Rare, Set, Unique) instead of a Base Item. It also means that the chance of finding lower Quality items is reduced.
- The increased chance for the item Qualities Rare, Set, and Unique undergoes diminishing returns:
|Chance to Find a||Formula||Example with 50% Magic Find|
|Magic Item||% Magic Find||50% Increased Chance|
|Rare Item||round(% Magic Find * 600 / (% Magic Find + 600))||round(50 * 600 / (50 + 600)|
= 46% Increased Chance
|Set Item||round(% Magic Find * 500 / (% Magic Find + 500))||round(50 * 500 / (50 + 500)|
= 45% Increased Chance
|Unique Item||round(% Magic Find * 250 / (% Magic Find + 250))||round(50 * 250 / (50 + 250)|
= 42% Increased Chance
Keep in mind that the Increased chance for a higher Quality Item is based on the base chance for them to drop. It doesn't mean you have a 42% Chance of dropping a Unique Item.
- The Quality of an item is selected after the Base Item is chosen. Not every Base Item has a Set or Unique version. When they are rolled on a Base Item anyway, they drop as so-called "Failed Sets" or "Failed Uniques", lower Quality items with increased Durability:
- A "Failed Set" drops as a Magic Item with the Base Item's Durability doubled instead.
- A "Failed Unique" drops as a Rare Item with the Base Item's Durability tripled instead.
While every Character is capable of making excellent use of Magic Find, the Barbarian with his Gold Find build, is uniquely qualified to farm Gold for gambling Items because of Find Item.
It's a fine balance between Magic Find / Gold Find and your damage output. Reducing your damage too far leads to diminished efficiency in farming for high Quality Items, so be careful when doing so.
- A Character's Magic Find and Gold Find is summed up with values on the Mercenary, when the Mercenary does the killing blow. When the Character deals the killing blow, only the equipped values apply.
- Magic Find has diminishing returns for higher Quality Items.
Written by Teo1904
Reviewed by MacroBioBoi