Diablo 2 Resurrected recently received patch 2.4.3, which was focused on overall Lobby and Gameplay Quality of Life changes... but also included a MASSIVE rework to the Skill whirlwind!
Magic Find Weekend
For the first time in Diablo 2's history, a temporary buff of +50% Magic Find is granted from June 30 to July 4. This buff is added to the Magic Find on your Characters to increase your chance for Magic, Rare, Set and Unique Items!
- For new or returning players, this is a great way to jumpstart your character's progression. Making it much easier to get your hands on the early game Uniques and Sets that can catapult your overall power-level!
- On high Magic Find characters, the benefit is that you can replace up to +50% Magic Find with more Skills for better clear speed.
- This does not affect Rune or Key (e.g. keyofdestruction) drop rates.
- A keyword search and a difficulty selection have been added to filter the game list.
- A new UI has been added to improve the game selection on console. You can now choose:
- Private: Create a game that cannot be seen by other players.
- Game Creator: Create a public game that other players can see and join.
- Game List: A list of public games with a search feature.
- A number of filters have been added to improve your game selection further.
Quality of Life
- Deckard Cain identifies items in the Horadric Cube if it is in your inventory! FINALLY! We can go back to filling our inventory with charms instead of leaving open the 2 by 4 section.
- A confirmation prompt was added when bulk assigning stat points. No more accidental 400+ Strength Characters - Ruining the tokenofabsolution farming market!
- Use double-click to join games you select from the game list.
- Friends playing Diablo 2 Resurrected are sorted to the top of your list.
- Players on Switch can now join games through the Friends List.
- A hotkey can now be assigned to open the Horadric Cube if it is in your inventory.
- The skill "Loot to Cube" was added. Using this skill will place an item directly into your Horadric Cube.
- Players can now bulk assign stat points using a controller.
The Barbarian, specifically his whirlwind has received some changes in patch 2.4.3.
- Players can now start a new whirlwind, leap, or leap attack immediately after whirlwind ends.
- Skill Damage at Level 1 increased from -50% to +30%.
- % Damage per Level reduced to +5% (from +8%).
- Starting Attack Rating increased from +0% to +50%.
- Increased Attack Speed from off-Weapon sources, Skills (e.g. fanaticism) and Slow effects (decrepify, holyfreeze) are now incorporated for the Attack Rate of whirlwind. The Attack Rate is calculated similarly to the basic attack after being modified by Increased Attack Speed. This change will improve two-handed whirlwind-Barbarians most noticeably.
- The first attack of whirlwind previously only used your Main-hand Weapon. It now makes an attack with both of your weapons on that first hit, DRASTICALLY increasing DPS for short-spinners out there.
Our Content Creator MacroBioBoi made a breakdown video to try and simplify the changes and what you need to know moving forward. Check out his vid below for more info!
A number of bug fixes have been deployed. Check out the detailed list on Blizzard's official post.
- This includes removing the "Broken Weapon" whirlwind bug which allowed using a single weapon as if you had two equipped at the same time.
Maxroll D2R Team
We are happy to provide you with this breakdown of Patch 2.4.3! The Quality of Life changes, especially for Game Lobbies and Console Players are sure to make the overall gameplay experience better! Have fun spinning up your own whirlwind Barbarian!