The Zeal Sorceress jumps right into the fray, hacking and slashing through enemies like a knife through butter. If you think that the Sorceress is only adept at using abilities from afar, this build turns that notion on its head! Similar to the Dream Paladin, this Sorceress uses Passion-granted Zeal and Dual-Dreams to cut down her foes. This Passion-ate Sorceress can slay any foe, including the Ubers!
Empowered by Lightning Mastery and Enchant, the Zeal Sorceress pumps out incredible amounts of Lightning and Fire Damage (and a smidgeon of Physical Damage from the weapon itself). You can farm anywhere on this build with Infinity equipped on your Mercenary. The main drawback of this build is that it requires expensive and highly specialized gear. With this in mind, the Zeal Sorceress is an incredibly fun and powerful goal for later on in the ladder season!
Crazy High Damage ✔
Can Farm Everything ✔
2 Primary Damage Types ✔
Easy to Learn and Master ✔
❌ Expensive Gear
❌ Dangerous Playstyle
❌ Repetitive Skill Usage
❌ Somewhat Clunky Playstyle
Put 1 Skill Point into each of the following Skills:
3. Static Field
4. Frozen Armor
5. Thunder Storm
Max out the following Skills in this order:
1. Lightning Mastery
4. Fire Mastery
Put any extra Skill Points into Teleport to reduce its Mana cost to 1. If you still have any Skill Points left over, put them into Thunder Storm.
Note: This section provides you with the standard Stat Point allocation. Build Variants may require different allocations!
Allocate enough Stat Points into Strength to equip all of your gear. Take into account how much Strength your gear provides when equipped.
Allocate enough Stat Points into Dexterity to reach max Chance to Block (75%). More Dexterity is needed at higher Character Levels. In addition to Dexterity and Character Level, Shield Bases also affect Chance to Block. Besides Strength requirement, this is why a Tower Shield Dream is used on this build.
Allocate any remaining Stat Points into Vitality after meeting Strength, Dexterity and Energy requirements.
Don't allocate any Stat Points into Energy. This build gets enough Mana from gear, buffs, Charms, and Mana Potions.
- The Zeal Sorceress requires a Passion (for Zeal), Dream Helmet, and Dream Shield at a bare minimum. An Infinity on the Mercenary is also needed for this build to reach its full potential.
- A Guardian Angel or Twitchthroe is needed to achieve maximum Chance to Block on this build, providing much needed survivability. Guardian Angel also provides Faster Block Rate, making for cleaner gameplay.
- Pre-buff Enchant for a massive boost to your Fire Damage. Equip +x to Skills/Fire Skills and/or +x% Fire Skill Damage-granting items (such as those listed in "Gear Options") prior to casting Enchant.
- With an Energy Shield-focused build, you are incredibly tanky versus Physical Damage. Consider this approach if aiming to farm areas such as Worldstone Keep/Throne of Destruction, where there are often powerful melee monsters such as Death Lords or Undead Stygian Dolls.
- The Zeal Sorceress can farm virtually anything. With decent Magic Find and absurdly high Lightning-Fire hybrid Damage, this build dominates practically every Max Level Area. Even farming Uber Bosses for Hellfire Torches is highly effective on this build.
We hope you enjoy this build! Slice em' and dice em' with a Sorceress' fury!
Written by DarkHumility
Reviewed by MacroBioBoi