Do you love the spin to win playstyle of whirlwind but the Barbarian isn’t your cup of tea? Try out the Whirlwind Assassin as one of the few builds that can successfully use a damaging Skill from a different Class. In this case, the Assassin steals the iconic Barbarian Skill whirlwind and calls it her own through the Claw-exclusive Runeword Chaos.
Along with Whirlwind she uses the powerful Corpse Explosions of Death Sentry to deal devastating Area of Effect (AoE) damage.
Whether you want to clear out whole areas or simply hunt Elite Monsters, this guide has you covered.
Note: Be aware that this build is very item dependent. It requires quite a bit of investment, especially on your Charm Inventory.
Very Tanky ✔
Fast Paced ✔
Unique Playstyle ✔
Rewards Excellent Gameplay ✔
❌ Very Gear Dependent
❌ Dangerous Melee Combat
❌ Not The Best Act Boss Killer
❌ Very Technical And Difficult Gameplay
Put 1 Skill Point into each of the following Skills:
1. Fire Blast
2. Shock Web
3. Charged Bolt Sentry
4. Lightning Sentry
5. Psychic Hammer
6. Cloak of Shadows
8. Burst of Speed
Max out the following Skills in this order:
1. Claw Mastery
2. Weapon Block
4. Death Sentry
5. Fire Blast (Only to Level 18)
6. Remaining Skill Points into Venom
In this build, we allocate enough Stat Points to Strength to equip all of our gear. Be mindful of how much Strength your gear needs and how much it provides when equipped.
In this build, we allocate enough Dexterity to equip all of our gear. Be mindful of how much Dexterity your gear needs and how much it provides when equipped.
After you put your points into Strength and Dexterity, make sure to check if it is recommended to put Stat Points into Energy. Meet the suggested amount of Energy and put any remaining Stat Points into Vitality.
In this build we don't put any Stat Points into Energy. We cover our Mana costs by having enough "x% Mana Stolen per Hit" or "+x Mana after each Kill" from our gear.
- Allocate enough Strength and Dexterity to equip your gear. Put any remaining Stat Points into Vitality.
- Pre-Buff yourself in this order: 2xBattle Command, Battle Orders, Fade, then activate Venom
- Make sure to refresh your buffs whenever they run out!
- Before using Whirlwind, place some Death Sentry Traps, so they can immediately work when you start killing monsters.
- Use Whirlwind in short distances through your enemies or in long strides along the sides of big monster packs.
Chaos gives you the unique opportunity to use an off Class Skill in a build. This is especially great because the Assassin lacks build variety!
Written by Teo1904
Reviewed by Raxxanterax