What happens when you cross a Druid Werebear with a Sorceress? You get a Werebear Sorceress! To many new and returning players whom have never encountered this build before, this might sound like a bad joke. However, this build is completely serious. The Bear Sorceress is made possible by Beast, which allows a non-Druid Character to transform into a Werebear. Equipped with a Dream Helmet, Dream Shield, and Infinity, this Sorceress is an unstoppable force of nature. While the Paladin benefits from the double Dream combination due to having the Synergies for Holy Shock, the Sorceress benefits from it due to the incredible Lightning Damage boost provided by Lightning Mastery. The Bear Sorceress arguably boasts the highest single target DPS (Damage Per Second) in the game, with up to 100K+ Damage per Attack and incredibly fast Attack Speed.
With Fire Damage from Enchant on top of the Lightning Damage from Lightning Mastery-empowered Holy Shock, and with a smidgeon of Physical Damage from the weapon itself, monster Immunities are rarely an issue for this Sorceress. Virtually everything, including Uber Bosses, is absolutely massacred by her huge mangy paws. Also, the Werebear transformation itself grants bonus Life and Defense, making this Sorceress quite tanky. All of this on top of solid mobility from Teleport make the Bear Sorceress an incredibly powerful, interesting and fun build to play. A major drawback of this Frankenstein-like creation is that it is extremely expensive: multiple aforementioned high-end Runewords are required for this build to work. However, If you can manage to acquire the necessary gear, the game is going to get spanked - literally.
This build guide assumes you have a Character at Level 75 before transitioning to it. Check out our Sorceress Leveling Guide and our General Leveling Strategies to reach Level 75.
You Are A Bear ✔
Can Farm Everything ✔
2 Primary Damage Types ✔
Crazy Single Target Damage ✔
❌ Dangerous Playstyle
❌ Extremely Expensive
❌ Squishy Out Of Bear Form
❌ Somewhat Clunky Playstyle
The Bear Sorceress primarily puts Skill Points into the Lightning and Fire Skill Trees:
Put 1 Skill Point into each of the following Skills:
1. Static Field
2. Telekinesis (Max Last)
4. Energy Shield
5. Frozen Armor
Max out the following Skills in this order:
1. Lightning Mastery
4. Fire Mastery
In this build, we allocate enough Stat Points to Strength to equip all of our gear. Be mindful of how much Strength your gear needs and how much it provides when equipped.
After you put your points into Strength and Dexterity, make sure to check if it is recommended to put Stat Points into Energy. Meet the suggested amount of Energy and put any remaining Stat Points into Vitality.
In this build, we do not allocate any Stat Points into Dexterity. We also make sure to keep the amount of Dexterity granted by our gear to a bare minimum to avoid Blocking while attacking in Werebear form.
In this build, we put anywhere between 50-100 Stat Points into Energy to improve the effectiveness of Energy Shield.
- The Bear Sorceress requires a Beast and both a Dream Helmet and Dream Shield at a bare minimum. An Infinity on the Mercenary is also highly recommended to give this build the insane power that it deserves.
- A Werebear has terrible Block Rate. On the standard version of this build, make sure to minimize the amount of total Dexterity in order to have a low Chance to Block. Minimum Dexterity-granting gear such as a 15 Dexterity Raven Frost is advised.
- Only Increased Attack Speed on a Werebear's weapon matters for improving its Attack Speed. Make sure to use a weapon that provides massive amounts of Attack Speed such as Griswold's Redemption on this build.
- Remember to cast Enchant, Frozen Armor, and Energy Shield on your + to Skills-granting Weapon-Swap prior to "Teleporting" and transforming into a Werebear.
- Teleport on Weapon-Swap using your Spirit for improved Faster Cast Rate.
- The Bear Sorceress can farm virtually anything. With both strong Magic Find and absurdly high Lightning-Fire hybrid Damage, this build dominates nearly every Max Level Area. Even farming Uber Bosses for Hellfire Torches is highly effective on this build.
Guide by DarkHumility
We hope you enjoy this build! Spank the game at lightning speed with this one-shot wonder! Just remember...she isn't a a cuddly teddy bear. She's ferocious!