The Summoner Necromancer combines the two greatest joys in Diablo 2 Resurrected; vast hordes of undead minions, and exploding entire screens worth of monsters with a single click.
In addition to amazing clear potential with the AmplifyDamage / CorpseExplosion combo, the Summon Necro (Fishymancer) is nearly untouchable when surrounded by the multitudes of Summoned Skeletons, trusty Golem, and Revives. While slow to ramp up to its true potential, a fully geared Summoner can clear all content in Diablo 2 Resurrected from the safety of the back lines.
While you can enjoy the easy passive gameplay style, the Players looking for more efficiency and challenge can engage in “Tele-Stomping” techniques, bringing the full weight of your army against high priority targets and Bosses. Because of this burst potential, the Summoner has access to wide farm areas. Additionally, Uber farming and Act Boss farming become available as you reach certain gear-quality plateaus.
Incredible Survivability ✔
Access To Variable Damage Types ✔
High Boss DPS With Revives/Mercenary ✔
❌ Gear Dependent
❌ Slow To Progress Early
❌ Steep Learning Curve For Positioning
The Summoner combines a deep investment in the Summoning Skills tree, Corpse Explosion, and boneprison.
Put 1 Point into each of the following Skills:
Max out the following Skills in this order:
In this build, we allocate enough Stat Points to Strength as we need to equip all of our gear. Be mindful of how much Strength your gear needs and how much it provides when equipped.
After you put your points into Strength and Dexterity, make sure to check if it is recommended to put Stat Points into Energy. Meet the suggested amount of Energy and put any remaining Stat Points into Vitality.
In this build, we allocate enough Dexterity as to equip all of our gear. Be mindful of how much Dexterity your gear needs and how much it will provide when equipped.
In this build, we don't allocate any Stat Points into Energy. This build gets enough Mana from gear, buffs, Charms, and Mana Potions.
- Minions are the most important part of our strategy, and their positioning is more than 50% of their potential power. Learning how to maneuver your Minions will lead to success.
- corpseexplosion tends to set off domino effects, and being able to chain together full screen clears is the most important factor for efficiency.
- amplifydamage will drastically increase most damage sources you have. You must maintain maximum uptime of amplifydamage.
- "Tele-stomping" changes your play style from passive summoner, to frontline boss stomper. Learn how to stomp on lower threat targets before you employ this tactic on all targets.
- Your % Better Chance to Find Magic Items works if your Minions or Mercenary kill a Monster. So whether it's your corpseexplosion, or Minions, you get the full benefit of your Magic Find.
Guide by MacroBioBoi
I hope you enjoy destroying full screens of Monsters and "Tele-Stomping" Bosses into paste. This build allows for a wide range of playstyles and whether you're a more passive player, or proactive player, you will find success.
Good luck! In bocca al lupo!