The Paladin Leveling Guide provides you with all the necessary information to get your favorite Character started!
Not every Skill is suitable to be used during early leveling for three reasons:
- Only a number of Skills work well without any previously farmed gear.
- A lot of builds lack damage during the leveling phase. It can become a big struggle or even straight up impossible to progress, starting with an end game build.
- Some builds have a hard time transitioning into hell due to Immunities.
We provide you with step by step Skill trees and easily accessible items that help you in your play through. Additionally, you get tips and insights on how to deal with Immunities and the more difficult fights.
At the end of this guide you'll have a Level 75 Paladin that used 1 out of the 3 respecs the game provides. You can use these to transition into your build of choice.
If you like the build at the end of this guide, check out the Blessed Hammer Paladin Guide, which continues it to the end game.
The Paladin Leveling Guide utilizes Holy Fire, and Zeal early on.
Depending on the situation, the Paladin can choose to be:
- A damage dealer, using Blessed Hammer and Concentration (Solo or Group).
- A pure Support Character, affecting all enemies with Conviction or provide the team with the Meditation, Vigor, or Salvation Aura. (Groups with Elemental damage)
Hint: Below the Skill trees you have a slider which you can move around to see the Skill progression!
During the leveling process, the Paladin Leveling Guide employs different playstyles depending on the Skills he has access to. This section describes the playstyle for each Skill set.
- Fast Weapons are better than a slow scepter while using Holy Fire, use a Scimitar instead!
- Cast Blessed Hammer only while you have Concentration active.
- Pick up all Paladin Shields to check them for high All Resistances, 3 Sockets (in Normal) and 4 Sockets (in Nightmare)!
- If you play the Support role, get your Defenses up. You MUST be on the front line as much as possible!
- Farm The Countess in Normal and Nightmare for the key Runewords. Be careful with the item bases you buy from the vendors. Runewords do NOT work in Magic Items!
- Buy a Gnarled Staff of Teleportation before Level 24.
Guide by Teo1904
We hope the Paladin Guide helps you to get to your endgame build of choice. As soon as you get access to Blessed Hammer, there is basically no enemy that can stay alive for long!