The Frozen Orb Meteor Sorceress has been one of the most beloved characters to start your journey into the world of Diablo 2. With very little item investment, the Frozen Orb Meteor Sorceress is capable of destroying some of the most popular farming spots.
The Frozen Orb Meteor Sorceress, also known as the Meteorb Sorc, can be somewhat difficult to pilot with low survivability in some stages, but is unrivaled as the best Ladder Starter with it's speed and versatility especially with Teleport.
This build uses Cold Damage which is a great form of Crowd Control as it can Chill or Freeze mobs.
Though this build can conquer almost all content with it's hybrid Fire and Cold Damage, the damage is never as good as a pure element build.
This build guide assumes you have a Character at Level 75 before transitioning to it. It follows the progression of our Sorceress Leveling Guide and our General Leveling Strategies to reach Level 75.
High Skill Cap ✔
Great Ladder Starter ✔
Fast Paced Playstyle ✔
Can Stack A Lot of Magic Find ✔
Lots of Endgame Gear Options ✔
❌ Very Squishy
❌ Slow Against Cold Immunes
❌ Takes Some Getting Used To
❌ Specific Breakpoints Are Crucial
❌ Damage Falls Off With More Players
The Frozen Orb Meteor Sorceress generally utilizes the following Skills:
Put 1 Point into each of the following Skills:
2. Static Field
5. Frozen Armor
6. Cold Mastery
7. Frost Nova
Max out the following Skills in this order:
1. Frozen Orb
2. Ice Bolt
4. Fire Mastery
5. Fire Ball
In this build, we allocate enough Stat Points to Strength to equip all of our gear. Be mindful of how much Strength your gear needs and how much it provides when equipped.
After you put your points into Strength and Dexterity, make sure to check if it is recommended to put Stat Points into Energy. Meet the suggested amount of Energy and put any remaining Stat Points into Vitality.
In this build, we allocate enough Dexterity to equip all of our gear. Be mindful of how much Dexterity your gear needs and how much it provides when equipped.
In this build, we don't allocate any Stat Points into Energy. This build gets enough Mana from gear, buffs, Charms, and Mana Potions.
- Keep your Battle Command, Battle Orders and Frozen Armor buffs up at all times.
- Use Telekinesis any time you can to save time.
- Put enough Stat Points into Strength to wear gear and remaining Stat Points go into Vitality.
- Position yourself well during combat for optimal damage with Frozen Orb and pay attention to the enemy’s positioning, movements, and Auras.
- For big damage make the Frozen Orb explode inside your targets.
- Use Meteor and your Mercenary against Cold Immunes or to prevent the regening of non Fire Immunes.
- Keep a bit of distance and use Glacial Spike in dangerous situations to freeze targets.
- Insight on your Mercenary solves your Mana problems in early stages.
- Have fun!
Guide by BTNeandertha1
We hope you enjoy this build! It can be very fun and very rewarding especially once you get practiced with it. There is nothing like using the Cold and Fire elements to burn and freeze your enemies!