The Fist of the Heavens Paladin (FoHdin) is a surprisingly versatile Elite Sniper, with powerful support capabilities. fistoftheheavens can be cast at max range and allows you to name-lock your target until they drop under your onslaught.
Access to a max effectiveness conviction Aura breaks every naturally occurring Lightning Immune monster. holybolt makes short work of any Undead Elites you encounter, even if they are Magic Immune. For everything else, your Mercenary cleans the court when you activate your fanaticism Aura.
High Mobility ✔
Nearly Unkillable ✔
Fast Paced Play Style ✔
Excels In Niche Level 85 Areas ✔
❌ Bad Ladder Starter
❌ Very Gear Dependent
❌ Complicated Skill Mechanics
❌ Relies On High Mercenary DPS
Put 1 Skill Point into each of the following Skills:
Max out the following Skills in this order:
2. conviction (Enough to reach -150 Resistance)
6. resistfire (Remaining Points)
Note: This section provides you with the standard Stat Point allocation. Build Variants can require a different allocation!
Allocate enough Stat Points into Strength to equip all of your gear. Take into account how much Strength your gear provides when equipped.
Allocate enough Stat Points into Dexterity to reach max Chance to Block (75%). More Dexterity is needed at higher character levels. In addition to Dexterity and character level, shield bases also affect Chance to Block.
Allocate any remaining Stat Points into Vitality after meeting Strength, Dexterity and Energy requirements.
Don't allocate any Stat Points into Energy. This build gets enough Mana from gear, buffs, Charms, and Mana Potions.
- Cast Holy Shield at the beginning of your farming session and keep this buff up at all times.
- fistoftheheavens is an amazing single-target Skill when boosted by conviction. It has the few Immune monsters to deal with.
- Your ability to Elite Snipe, and decimate Undead type monsters with holybolt give you an unfair advantage at a massive range. Use this to your advantage.
- Both the fistoftheheavens and holybolt variants slot very well into group play. This versatility between Single and Multiplayer makes for a very fun build to pilot.
- You have the ability to carry group play with the holybolt support variant. When the group's done playing, go smash through Areas like the Crypt, Mausoleum and the Stony Tomb.
The FoHdin really brings a unique and rewarding gameplay experience to anyone that's willing to master this build. Whether it's shredding through hordes of the Undead, or targeting Elites from max range, you're sure to be one of the unique D2R builds in any game!
In Bocca al Lupo!
Written by MacroBioBoi
Reviewed by Teo1904