The Fissure Druid is the most optimal Druid build for Leveling until Nightmare Act 3 where the Wind Druid begins to have an advantage. This build again takes the spotlight upon acquiring Ravenlore or Flickering Flame, Phoenix, and Infinity on the Mercenary. Farming Spots such as Ancient Tunnels, Tal Rasha's Tombs, and Icy Cellar, in addition to those previously mentioned, become highly efficient farms on a well-geared Fire Druid. Even though this build is expensive at its best, it is worth every Rune to have the satisfaction of decimating hordes of enemies with all manners of fiery death and explosions. Few builds vaporize a room packed full of enemies faster than this one!
This build guide assumes you have a Character at Level 75 before transitioning to it. Check out our Druid Leveling Guide and our General Leveling Strategies to reach Level 75.
High Damage Output ✔
Fun To Chain Abilities ✔
Easy To Learn And Master ✔
Destroys Dense Monster Packs ✔
❌ Dangerous Playstyle
❌ Relatively Low Mobility
❌ 1 Primary Damage Type
❌ Requires GG Gear For Full Potential
Note: This section provides you with the standard Stat Point allocation. Build Variants may require different allocations!
- In the late-game, the gear combination of Infinity, Ravenlore, and Phoenix takes care of most monsters that are Immune to Fire. Molten Boulder and Volcano also do a decent job of clearing Fire Immune enemies.
- In the early-game, a Starter Fissure Druid is strong in Farming Spots with high monster density and zero/few native Fire Immune monsters such as Eldritch the Rectifier, Shenk the Overseer, The Secret Cow Level, Stony Tomb, and Flayer Jungle.
- Seek out high mob density to take maximum advantage of Fissure's Area of Effect (AoE) damage.
- All of a Fire Druid’s Damage Skills (besides Armageddon) have cooldowns. Make sure to use your other Damage Skills while a Skill(s) is on cooldown. In most situations, it is particularly effective to use Molten Boulder while Fissure is on cooldown.
- A fully kitted out Fissure Druid flattens everything, destroying nearly every area in the game. Even on High Player Count, or /Players5-8 on Single Player, everything burns!
We hope you enjoy this build! Making Hell Bovine hamburgers has never been more fun! The more monsters the merrier! Roast them over an open fire...cook em' well-done!
Written by DarkHumility
Reviewed by Teo1904 and Lexyu
Updated to Patch 2.4