When you have the sudden urge to throw firecrackers at your enemies in real life (don't do that) the Fire Blast Assassin is here to be your outlet. This Level 1 Skill can be a powerful tool to snipe Elite monsters and allows for a great amount of Magic Find on low player counts!
Fire Blast is unique because it gains synergy bonuses from both Lightning and Fire Damage Skills despite only being Fire Damage itself. This leads to virtually the same Skill tree when compared to the Lightning Sentry Assassin.
Switching between these 2 builds is a matter of changing some items and executing a different playstyle. The Fire Blast Assassin is a more engaging, "in your face" playstyle while the Lightning Sentry Assassin is much passive in its approach.
Very Flexible ✔
Beginner Friendly ✔
Engaging Playstyle ✔
Immunities Are Not A Problem ✔
❌ Not A Starter Build
❌ Relies On High Tier Items
❌ Not A Great Act Boss Farmer
❌ Weak Against High Life Targets
Put 1 Skill Point into each of the following Skills:
1. Burst of Speed
2. Cloak of Shadows
3. Mind Blast
Optional 1 Skill Point use:
1. Shadow Warrior
2. Shadow Master
Max out the following Skills in this order:
1. Fire Blast
2. Death Sentry
3. Lightning Sentry
4. Charged Bolt Sentry
5. Shock Web
6. Remaining Skill Points into Wake of Fire
Note: This section provides you with the standard Stat Point allocation. Build Variants can require a different allocation!
Allocate enough Stat Points into Strength to equip all of your gear. Take into account how much Strength your gear provides when equipped.
Allocate enough Stat Points into Dexterity to equip all of your gear. Take into account how much Dexterity your gear provides when equipped.
Allocate any remaining Stat Points into Vitality after meeting Strength, Dexterity and Energy requirements.
Don't allocate any Stat Points into Energy. This build gets enough Mana from gear, buffs, Charms, and Mana Potions.
- Allocate enough Stat Points into Strength and Dexterity to equip your gear. Put remaining points into Vitality.
- Blow up boss monsters with Fire Blast and use Death Sentry for collateral damage. Lightning Sentry deals with Immune to Fire monsters.
- Position your Mercenary close to enemies you are fighting to apply his Conviction Aura.
- Pre-Buff yourself in this order: 2xBattle Command, Battle Orders, Fade, then activate Venom
- Make sure to refresh your buffs whenever they run out!
The Fire Blast Assassin is a unique take for a Trapsin. Making use of a Skill you can aim yourself feels very rewarding when executed well. Enjoy this engaging Magic Find build!
Written by Teo1904
Reviewed by Lexyu