The Bone Spear Necromancer Guide covers everything you need to know to devastate the demons of Sanctuary with overwhelming magical might. Combining the Magic Damage of bonespear and the ability to lock down almost every monster with boneprison, you have no trouble farming any content your heart desires.
Additionally, this build has access to corpseexplosion which brings large Area of Effect (AoE) Fire and Physical Damage to supplement your kit. Having three different Damage types gives us tools to deal with any monsters the game can throw at us.
What really makes this build so strong is the fact that most monsters in the game have very little Magic Damage Reduction, and only a handful are actually Immune. This means bonespear and teeth's damage are more effective on most monsters than the majority of other Skills.
This build guide assumes you have a Character at Level 75 before transitioning to it. It follows the progression of our Necromancer Leveling Guide and our General Leveling Strategies to reach Level 75.
Incredible Survivability ✔
Beginner Friendly Playstyle ✔
Access To Three Damage Types ✔
❌ High Average APM
❌ Low Top End Potential
❌ Key Gear Pieces are Rare
The Bone Spear Necromancer heavily invests in Poison and Bone while picking up key utility Skills from the other trees.
Put 1 Point into each of the following Skills:
Max out the following Skills in order of priority:
In this build, we allocate enough Stat Points to Strength as we need to equip all of our gear. Be mindful of how much Strength your gear needs and how much it provides when equipped.
After you put your points into Strength and Dexterity, make sure to check if it is recommended to put Stat Points into Energy. Meet the suggested amount of Energy and put any remaining Stat Points into Vitality.
In this build, we allocate enough Dexterity as to equip all of our gear. Be mindful of how much Dexterity your gear needs and how much it provides when equipped.
In this build, we don't allocate any Stat Points into Energy. This build gets enough Mana from gear, buffs, Charms, and Mana Potions.
- bonespear is your bread and butter, learn how to maximize the number of monsters hit per Spear to maximize DPS potential.
- bonespear works best in corridors or funnels, so use boneprison to artificially create these scenarios if the farming area does not have any.
- Filling the screen with boneprison when all else fails, typically gives you the time you need to make decisions. Watch out for Ghosts and monsters whose projectiles are not stopped by Bone Prison.
- Getting stuck in a boneprison can be a death sentence. Make sure to have a source of teleport before you start making brash decisions.
- teeth and corpseexplosion bring more diversity to your damage kit and can help smooth out certain farming situations.
Guide by MacroBioBoi
After you master the direct damage style of bonespear, and the Crowd Control of boneprison, there are no places the Bone Spear Necromancer can't go! Have fun smashing the legions of Diablo with Magic, the best damage type in the game!
Good luck! In bocca al lupo!