Inexpensive Build ✔
Best Ladder Starter ✔
Fast Paced Playstyle ✔
Stacks A Lot of Magic Find ✔
Lots of Endgame Gear Options ✔
❌ Very Squishy
❌ Noticable Learning Curve
❌ Slow Against Cold Immunes
❌ Requires Kiting Against Mobs
❌ Specific Breakpoints Are Crucial
Note: This section provides you with the standard Stat Point allocation. Build Variants can require a different allocation!
- Craft an Insight for your Mercenary early on to solve your Mana problems.
- Master the use of Telekinesis to save time.
- Allocate enough Strength to wear your gear, then put the rest into Vitality.
- Keep a safe distance in combat and pay attention to the enemy’s positioning, movements, and Auras. Use Glacial Spike in dangerous situations or against large amounts of mobs.
- Kite enemies through Blizzard to maximize damage.
- Keep your Frozen Armor up, along with Battle Command, and Battle Orders if you have made Call to Arms.
- It is optional to use Energy Shield for additional survivability, especially on Hardcore.
- Use Hydra and your Mercenary against Cold Immunes and bosses.
- Have fun!
We hope you enjoy this build! It is fun and rewarding, especially once you practice it. There is nothing like staring down your frozen enemies at close range and turning them into tiny ice cubes!
Written by BTNeandertha1
Reviewed by Lexyu
Updated to Patch 2.4 - Changed Fire Ball to Hydra throughout the guide - Added 1 Point Enchant - Added Obsession Runeword in Gear Options - Added Energy Shield Recommendations - Added Farming Spots