The Berserk Barbarian goes by many names. Some call him the "Zerk Barb". Others just "Zerker". And others still refer to him as the "Pit Zerker" - paying homage to one of his most known specialties. No matter what anyone chooses to call this build, it can be safely said that this Barbarian is an unrivaled Elite Hunting powerhouse. With the Teleport Cast Frames of a Sorceress, unmatched Magic Find stacking, and Find Item, there's no build better at farming ultra-rare Unique, Set, and Rare items.
The Berserk Barbarian takes full advantage of the ideal loot tables belonging to every Champion, Unique, and Super Unique monster (Elites) in the game. Isolating these money-makers with Howl and potentially double-dipping with Find Item, the Zerk Barb makes Magic Finding look clean and easy. Also, since Berserk deals Magic Damage, there is hardly an Elite that can withstand its onslaught.
While this build performs well in every Farming Spot in Solo gameplay or /Players1 in Single Player, it particularly excels at The Pit and Pindleskin farming - each of which offers its own unique advantage. In a full party the Berserk Barbarian is best at setting up Diablo for a player looking to reach Level 99. Acquiring Enigma is the only serious barrier to piloting this loot-manufacturing juggernaut.
This build guide assumes you have a Character at Level 75 before transitioning to it. Check out our Barbarian Leveling Guide and our General Leveling Strategies to reach Level 75.
High Mobility ✔
#1 Elite Hunter ✔
Rewarding Solo Play ✔
Farms Most Hell Areas ✔
❌ Terrible Boss Killer
❌ Bad Early-Game Starter
❌ Atrocious Density Farmer
❌ Requires GG Gear For True Potential
The Berserk Barbarian puts Skill Points into all 3 Skill Trees.
Put 1 Point into each of the following Skills:
1. Increased Speed
2. Iron Skin
3. Natural Resistance
4. Battle Orders
5. Battle Command
Max out the following Skills in this order:
2. Sword Mastery
4. Find Item
In this build we allocate as many Stat Points to Strength as we need to equip all of our gear at a minimum. Additional Stat Points into Strength (50-100 extra) are recommended for this build to increase Berserk's Damage, however.
After you put your points into Strength and Dexterity, make sure to check if it is recommended to put Stat Points into Energy. Meet the suggested amount of Energy and put any remaining Stat Points into Vitality.
In this build we only allocate as much Dexterity as we need to equip all of our gear. Be mindful of how much Dexterity your gear needs and how much it provides when equipped.
In this build we don't put any Stat Points into Energy. This build gets enough Mana from gear, buffs, Charms, and Mana Potions.
- The Berserk Barbarian uses a skillful combination of Teleport, Howl, Berserk, and Find Item to efficiently farm for the rarest items in the game.
- For the most part, make sure to cast Teleport, Howl, and Find Item on your Weapon-Swap to reach the 105% Faster Cast Rate Breakpoint for quick and seamless use of these Skills.
- Take advantage of the Berserk Barbarian's strengths by farming Elite monsters in The Pit and the Super Unique Pindleskin in Solo gameplay or /Players1 on Single Player.
- If you are lacking some of the best in slot gear for this build, make use of easier to acquire alternatives such as Oath and Trang-Oul's Girth to get to a functional Berserk Barbarian setup faster.
- Stack as much Magic Find as possible while making sure that there are 0 potential sources of Cold Damage on both your Barbarian's and Mercenary's gear so that you don't shatter corpses needed for Find Item!
Guide by DarkHumility
We hope you enjoy this build! Quickly isolating Elite monsters and assassinating them for a chance at double loot is extremely fun and rewarding. Now get howlin', slashin', and horkin'!