The Assassin Leveling Guide provides you with all the necessary information to get your favorite Character started!
Not every Skill is suitable to be used during early leveling for three reasons:
- Only a number of Skills work well without any previously farmed gear.
- A lot of builds lack damage during the leveling phase. It can become a big struggle or even straight up impossible to progress starting with an end game build.
- Some builds have a hard time transitioning into hell due to Immunities.
We provide you with step by step Skill trees and easily accessible items that help you in your play through. Additionally, you get tips and insights on how to deal with Immunities and the more difficult fights.
At the end of this Guide you'll have a Level 75 Assassin that used 1 out of the 3 respecs the game provides. You can use these to transition into your build of choice.
If you like the build at the end of this guide, check out the Lightning Sentry Assassin Guide, which continues this build to the end game.
The Assassin Leveling Guide utilizes Fire Blast and Wake of Fire in Normal then transitions into Lightning Sentry and Death Sentry for Nightmare and Hell.
Hint: Below the Skill trees you have a slider which you can move around to see the Skill progression!
During the leveling process, the Assassin employs slightly different playstyles depending on the Skills they have access to. This section describes the playstyle for each Skill set.
- Farm Stealth / Leaf from Normal Countess.
- Use Fire Blasts and Wake of Fire until you respec.
- Keep Burst of Speed up at all times.
- Buy a Gnarled Staff of Teleportation between Level 20 and 24.
- Respec into Lightning Sentry and Death Sentry is recommended at Level 32+.
- Farm Nightmare Countess for Lore and Spirit.
- Buy a Wand of Lower Resistance between Level 31 and 35 and use it to break Immunities or increase your damage output against tanky enemies.
- Build a Strength for your Mercenary before you fight the Ancients!
- Lightning Immune can be a problem. Reroll boss Affixes if you have to!
Guide by Teo1904